Book An Inspection
Pre Booking Details
Welcome, Settle Back & Please Read.
Thanks for coming here.
This is where we get into the nitty-gritty. It’s not exactly fun, but it gets the pointy end of business done. It’s hard work, but the end result sees your pool and spa inspected, certified and compliant to NSW Compliant Standards.
These are all good things.
Prevention is the best solution: you can’t put a price on a life.
We recommend you take your time with this section and we look forward to inspecting your pool.
Pool Safety Solutions Online Booking Agreement
Law requires an agreement be signed between Pool Safety Solutions, the Certifier and the Owner prior to Inspection. This allows Council to monitor which Certifiers are inspecting which swimming pool and spa. While this procedure does require a few moments of your time, your pool and spa cannot be inspected without a signed agreement. This rule is applicable to every New South Wales Pool Safety Inspector. Failure to fully read the terms and conditions of this agreement is on you.
Law Dictates: No Signed Agreement, No Inspection
But we make that easy for you.
Read the Terms & Conditions of your contractual agreement at Read Here.
Then sign to "Book An Inspection".
Failure to fully read the terms and conditions of this agreement is on you.
Terms & Conditions
Owner: Also referred to as 'You', the 'Property Owner', 'Authorised Representative, or 'Individual' requesting the services of Pool Safety Solutions.
Pool Safety Solutions: Also referred to as 'I', 'Our', 'Us' and 'We', the primary Service Provider, Employees and/or Affiliates.
Certifier: Also referred to as 'Pool Inspector', accredited under the Building Professionals Act 2005, who, from the date of the Agreement, is authorised to carry out certification work including inspections of swimming pools and issuing certificates under the Swimming Pools Act 1992 (SP Act).
Agreement: Pool Safety Solutions issues a signed agreement via email outlining our scope of works, work method and limitations of service. For the purposes of this document, The Agreement may also be titled 'Work' or 'Service'.
This is an agreement between the owner and certifier using the Pool Safety Solutions' systems.
The owner seeks to engage the certifier to perform certification work on the address listed and does so though Pool Safety Solutions chosen portals.
Name of Certifier Phil Commandeur
Accreditation Number BDC3009
Certifier’s Insurance Details
Name of Insurer Lloyds of London
Policy No/ Identifier 1608GL9394
Period of Cover 26/04/2020 to 26/04/2021
Name of Certifier Pat Taurins
Accreditation Number BDC3407
Certifier’s Insurance Details
Name of Insurer Lloyds of London
Policy No/ Identifier 1608GL114806
Period of Cover 18/02/2021 to 18/02/2022
Date of Agreement
This Agreement commences from today's date.
Fees must be paid before the certifier carries out the work described under 'Description of Services'.
- A certificate is issued for every inspection.
- A fee of $79+GST is charged to cover the administration costs as well as time taken in lodging, acquiring and issuing your certificate for every pool and spa inspection.
- A fee of $99+GST is charged for every spa inspection.
- A fee of $99.50+GST is charged for the first swimming pool inspection.
- A fee of $199+GST is charged for every pool reinspection.
- The client acknowledges if the invoice goes past seven (7) days overdue, the debt will be forwarded to a debt collection agency where the debt collectors fee will be added to the invoice to recover debt recovery.
- Cancellation & Refund Policy available here> https://poolsafetysolutions.com.au/cancellation-refund-policys
Description of Services
The Certifier will perform all work necessary to comply with relevant statutory requirements, including
- Inspecting the swimming pool and spa
- Assessing whether the swimming pool complies with the requirements for the issue of a certificate of compliance under S.22D of the Swimming Pools Act 1992
- Issuing a certificate of compliance to the Owner if the swimming pool complies
- Issuing the following if the swimming pool is non-compliant:
- written notice under section 22E of the SP Act, and
- a certificate of non-compliance within two (2) days of the date of inspection.
- Providing a copy of the section 22E written notice to the relevant local council:
- immediately where, in the opinion of the Certifier, the pool poses a significant risk to public safety, or
- after six (6) weeks from the date of inspection unless a certificate of compliance is issued beforehand.
- If necessary, reinspecting the swimming pool, and issuing certificates and/or written notices, as appropriate.
- Updating the property record on the NSW Swimming Pool Register, as required
No Access. No Inspection
We maintain communications at every possible point through the terms of this agreement to access the property and conduct our inspection services. Should the owner not be available at the property or access is not available to the property, the certifier has the right to terminate their services with the fee of that service being charged to you.
Rescheduling Inspections/ Reinspections
Rescheduling of inspections and reinspections are subject to availability.
Additional Fees Due To Council Involvement
Due to the complex legal nature of pool compliance, an additional charge of $99+GST will be immediately incurred covering the administrative costs when council becomes involved. The owner cannot contract us for the purpose of disinformation or by deceitful means where council is involved.
Liabilities & Damages
We will not accept any liabilities or damages arising from our professional inspection services. According to pool safety legislation, inspectors must conduct strength and rigidity testing on the pool barrier with forces of up to 330Nm to approximately 33KG on posts and/or footings and up to 250Nm to approximately 25KG on sections between posts and/or footings. Damages as a result of this necessary testing is the owner’s responsibility.
Workplace Health & Occupational Safety
By signing this agreement, you note you are responsible for the property and the area being inspected. This area is required to be kept safe and clear from risk and hazards such as dogs, slippery floors, sharp objects, exposed electricals etc. Should we become injured due to these risks or hazards while performing professional inspection services, the owner become liable for full compensation regarding this.
Proof of Date of Construction
The owner is required to supply a proof of date as to when the pool and/ or barrier was constructed or proof of date if/ when any major alterations to the pool, pool fence or boundary fences were made. As per the Swimming Pools Act 1992, if proof of date is unable to be acquired, the pool barrier will be assessed with the Australian Standard AS1926.1-2012.
By signing this contractual agreement, you acknowledge you have
freely chosen to engage the Certifier, and
read the terms and conditions and any documents accompanying the contractual agreement and understand the roles and responsibilities of the Owner or legal representative for the Owner, and the Certifier.
Please note the details below are required for the purpose of fulfilling this agreement in addition to a fee securing your booking. Fees are payable covering the administration costs as well as time taken in lodging, acquiring and issuing of any and all certificates and paperwork.
All prices in AUD dollars with payment secured by St George Payway using top level Australian security and systems. After you have submitted the online booking agreement, you will receive an email confirmation of our contractual agreement and receipt acknowledging payment. We will contact you to confirm the date and time of your inspection.